Divorce/Dissolution of Marriage
The Law Offices of Lawrence S. Katz represents clients in the South Florida area in separation or divorce proceedings. As an experienced family law advocate, Attorney Katz can help you resolve the following matters with your spouse or partner:
- obtaining an appraisal of your joint property;
- dividing your joint assets;
- handling tax issues that result from your separation or divorce;
- arranging child custody and visitation arrangements;
- modifying existing child custody and visitation arrangements;
- securing child support and maintenance; and
- obtaining spousal or domestic partner support.
Our firm strives to settle matters before litigation if the parties can agree on issues of custody, support, and the distribution of assets. Often, the court will mandate that the parties mediate their case before the final hearing, which helps in resolving differences and achieving an acceptable result. As a Florida Supreme Court Certified Mediator, Mr. Katz has extensive experience in mediations. This process can reduce legal fees and costs. If a matter cannot be resolved, Mr. Katz is also an experienced litigator and will work with his clients to develop strategies to effectively present evidence and legal arguments to the court.
Either through the courts or Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), our goal is to work toward a fair resolution of your concerns while avoiding the unnecessary public exposure of private issues.
Contact Us Online or Call Us at 305-670-8656 for a consultation to discuss matters concerning your divorce or separation.