IAML Fellow, Lawrence Katz of Florida, USA speaks at the IAML Hague Symposium in Buenos Aires, Argentina in September 2013 on the subject of International Relocations.
MIAMI FAMILY LAWYER PROTECTING THE RIGHTS OF CLIENTS
Strategic family law representation throughout Florida and abroad
The Law Offices of Lawrence S. Katz, P.A. is dedicated to helping families in transition. We focus on family law issues, divorces, paternity determinations, domestic violence, international family matters, and child abduction. International family law is very narrow and requires an in-depth knowledge of ever-changing statutory law and evolving case law. With many years of experience handling these kinds of cases, you can rely on The Law Offices of Lawrence S. Katz, P.A. to deliver high-quality, efficient legal representation in your case.
Compassion for those facing family disputes
Divorces and paternity matters can be life-altering events for parents and children. We understand that every family’s situation is different and that every client has specific needs and concerns. We guide clients through the legal system while considering the financial and emotional effects of complex matrimonial matters and explain the Florida divorce process or the laws pertaining to your case. We assist you through this tumultuous time and help you transition into the next phase of your life.
Seasoned Family law attorney in Miami
Divorces can be the most stressful events in our lives, even in the best of circumstances. Many issues can come into play during the course of disentangling spouses’ lives. Adding an international family law component only further complicates matters. Some of the facets of family law cases we help clients through include:
- Complex matrimonial matters — Florida law requires an equitable division of the marital estate. We work to ensure that marital assets and liabilities are divided fairly and in accordance with the law.
- Property, paternity and marital settlement agreements — Property, paternity, and marital settlement agreements are often reached at mediation. An agreement is a contract that, once signed, is binding on the parties and subject to enforcement by the court. Mr. Katz is a skilled negotiator and mediator who fights for his clients in settlement negotiations.
- Spousal support — Spousal support can include periodic permanent alimony, temporary alimony, bridge the gap, durational, rehabilitative, and permanent alimony. Courts consider whether spousal support is appropriate on a case-by-case basis.
- Post-judgment enforcement and modification — Obtaining a favorable judgment is only half the battle. Sometimes the only way to enforce a judgment is to take the non-compliant party back to court. The same is true for modifications. Family circumstances can change overnight, warranting a modification of the existing order.
- Child custody and time-sharing — We represent parents seeking parental rights, a parenting plan, custody or time-sharing with their children.
- Child support — Our law firm pursues parents who refuse to pay child support and defends those who are unable to pay and need to seek modifications.
- Interstate custody and relocations — It’s no secret that Miami is an international hub. We assist clients with getting court permission to relocate to another state or internationally.
- Parental alienation — Our firm understands the long-term, negative consequences parental alienation can have on your relationship with your child. We fight to hold the wrongdoers responsible in these cases and to obtain the requisite mental health therapy for the child.
- Paternity — Custody (parenting plan) and child support matters generally cannot be decided until paternity has been adjudicated. We work with our clients to find the quickest resolution to paternity issues.
- Temporary relief — Temporary relief can provide for a spouse, parent and children’s financial needs and determine a temporary parenting and time-sharing plan (custody) during the pendency of litigation. In most divorce, paternity and custody situations, we recommend that our clients let us make application to the court for temporary relief.
International family law
We have many years of experience helping clients with complicated international family law matters. Our dedicated firm provides experienced representation for:
- International custody and support — We assist clients with drafting, establishing, registering, and enforcing international custody and support orders.
- International relocations — International relocations are seldom simple. We know the law related to international relocations and how to determine which jurisdiction’s law governs various situations.
- Interstate and international child abduction — Some of the most satisfying work we do is reuniting families torn apart by interstate and international child abductions. We have extensive experience in these cases, an extremely high success rate and can help you put your family back together.
The Law Offices of Lawrence S. Katz, P.A. has represented clients on both sides of domestic violence cases. Our experience has given us a deep understanding of the issues involved, law, and decades of trial experience. We adapt our representation to the unique needs of each client with compassion and professionalism. If necessary, we assist you in obtaining a restraining order to protect you from further abuse.
Call our Miami, Florida family law firm today
Whether in settlement negotiations, mediations or court proceedings, The Law Offices of Lawrence S. Katz, P.A. works to make sure that you and your children achieve a fair resolution. When we meet, we take time to understand your goals and develop strategies to achieve them. Contact us at 305-670-8656 or online to schedule a consultation. We are available by appointment, and our Miami office is accessible from the Miami Dade South Metrorail. We also conduct interstate and international consultations via Skype. Se habla español.